Waxing is a temporary hair removal method that has been popular since ancient times. Waxing removes hair from the root, it hurts more the first time, if you wax regularly (every 4 to 6 weeks) there is less hair, therefore less discomfort.
Connie’s Electrolysis and Waxing Studio offers a variety of waxing products, both hard and soft waxes, that are suitable for all skin types and conditions.
Please note that price range is according to size of area.
|Brows/lips $10 – $15 –||Full Arms $30 – $ 35 –|
|Underarms $15 – $18||Half Arm $20 – $30|
|Chest /back $25 – $55||Full legs $60 – $65|
|Half Legs $30 – $45||Brazilian bikini $35 – $50|
|Stomach $10 – $20||Bikini & half leg $45 – $60|
|Bikini $20 – $37||Toes $10 -$12|
Pre Waxing Prep:
- Particularly for women: Your skin is often more sensitive the time near your period, and waxing can be more painful than normal. So your appointment shouldn’t be any closer than a couple of days before or after your period
- Shower and lightly exfoliate right before your appointment using warm, not hot water
- Don’t use any lotions
- If you are currently shaving you should stop 10 to 14 days prior to waxing. You need Â¼ to 1/2 inch hair growth for the wax to hold onto. This hair length is usually reached in 2 to 3 weeks, depending on the body part
- Take a pain reliever 30- minutes before your appointment if you’re worried about discomfort
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Avoid the sun immediately after waxing and please use sunscreen
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools and other heated sources for at least 48 hours
- Hold off on taking hot baths for at least two hours, but should bathe/shower after waxing to further clean the area
- Do not use exfoliating products for at least 24 hours after waxing as they might further irritate your skin
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed areas. Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs
- Regular exfoliation may be helpful to remove dead skin so your hairs can get out above the surface of the pores and not become ingrown
- Routine waxing helps the skin get accustomed to the procedure and may minimize irritation
- For 48 hours after the treatment, the area will be more sensitive than usual. Apply cold compresses and an anti-inflammatory cream, such as hydro-cortisone, if the skin is especially tender.